In our house we love pasta dishes and we love pesto but it wasn’t until recently that I realised just how easy it was to make pesto. (Unfortunately my experiences of making pasta have not been very successful so far, but I will keep trying.)
Here are a couple of our favourite pesto recipes.
- 75g pan toasted pine nuts
- 75g freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tbs chopped tarragon
- grated zest and freshly squeezed juice of 1 unwaxed lemon.
- I garlic clove
- 5tbs olive oil
- put all ingredients into a blender and puree until fairly smooth. We like a little ‘bite’ but if you like yours really smooth you can puree it more.
- put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix with a hand blender until you get required consistency.
Red Pepper and Walnut Pesto
Just to prove that pine nuts aren’t the only type of nut that can make a fine pesto
- 2 red peppers
- 55g walnut pieces, toasted
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 4-5 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- put red peppers under a preheated grill until the skin has blackened on all sides. Put in a plastic food bag for 10 mins, then slip off the skins (or you can buy them already chargrilled.
- put all ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth.
See, I told you it was easy!