Fancy a quick and easy desert which is also low fat? Try this soufflé, which is more like an omelette. You can add any fruit you like but I went for strawberries.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- blob of butter
- handful of strawberries
- 1 tbs créme fraiche
- first chop up your strawberries into small slices.
- mix the sugar with egg yolks in one bowl
- whisk the egg whites until stiff
- fold egg yolks into stiff whites
- put the grill on to heat up
- put the butter in a frying pan
- put your egg mixture into frying pan and leave for about 2 minutes until bottom is cooked
- put frying pan under grill to cook top
- turn out omelette/ soufflé onto a plate and put strawberries on one half
- fold in half
- cut into two pieces and serve with créme fraiche
Simple, quick and yummy.
You can also add extras to your soufflé mix to make it sweeter like orange zest or cinnamon.
This is my post for #eggmainsinminutes Linky on BritMums Main Meals in Minutes site